jeudi 28 mars 2013

More about the launch party and the A&Q

 
 
 

 

...................As I started walking up to the entrance to check in, I realised that I was next to Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) and immediately became a little flustered as he is possibly my favourite character in the series.
He broke an awkward silence with a simple “Hello there. How are you?”
Without thinking I immediately blurted out "I’m very good Mr. Dance. Can I just say before we go in, I loved you in Last Action Hero."
With a smile he said “I’m glad somebody did. I though it was very silly", shook my hand and walked on inside.
...................
Following on from the screening, everyone in the room was treated to a short Q&A with four of the show's stars including Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth) and of course Charles Dance.

I keep only Charles parts...
 
M: Charles, what do you think makes Game of Thrones such a different experience?
Charles Dance: I think it’s down to the quality of the writing, the amount of money that HBO is prepared to spend and a pretty wonderful cast.


M: That was a pretty wonderful scene where you tore a strip off your son (Tyrion). How was that to film?
CD: I’ve spent most of my time with Peter Dinklage who is the most adorable man and a wonderful actor and after all of those scenes I apologised to him because I treat him like shit (laughs). I mean I say the most terrible things to him. But Dave and Dan are really wonderful writers and we spend a lot of time as actors trying to make a silk purse out of a pig’s ear because not all scripts are this good. But when you have writing of this quality you can put all your energy into making the character believable.


M: I loved the scenes you had with Arya (Maisie Williams). A beautiful dynamic between two people who shouldn’t get on. Can you tell me a little about that?
CD: Well Maisie was just over 13 when we shot those scenes and I’ve never worked with anybody with such knowledge of the medium, such an ability to concentrate for a very long time and an awareness of herself. She’s phenomenal and if anyone’s going to make it in this business it’s her and of course Isaac.


M: But Charles you haven’t had any sex yet. Are you quite by this?
CD: Yes (said with a big smile).

 Question: If you could be any character from the series, who would you be? 
 CD: Well I want to play Tyrion. He’s just the most wonderful part, he’s fantastic


Audience: Personally who do you think deserves the throne? 
 CD: I do (huge laughs around the room)

Audience: We’re used to seeing HBO shows with an American cast. How does it make you feel that Game of Thrones is primarily an English cast and why do you think that is?
CD: We’re cheap. Cheap-er (laughs).
from : http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/03/game-of-thrones-season-3-sneak-preview.html


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire