mardi 3 novembre 2015

Director Gary Shore about Charles in Dracula untold

JA: I don't think there could have been a better vampire for this film than Charles Dance.
GS: We were actually trying to get Gary Oldman for that role since he was Dracula in Coppola's film, he would have nailed it. We also talked about getting Christopher Lee while he was around, God rest his soul.

JA: I don't know if it was intentional, but when Dance licks the blood off of Vlad's neck it reminded me of that scene in Alien 3 where Ripley is cornered by the Xenomorph...
GS: That wasn't a mistake. I was doing that because of the Charles Dance connection and I wondered if I'd actually get away with it. You're actually the first person to pick up on that. That's funny. I was always asking Charles between takes about his experience on Alien 3 and he actually had to tell me to shut the fuck up at one point because I was asking too many questions. He didn't say that exactly, it was in a much politer way.
remember :
about Dracula Untold
0°)Dance’s role is pretty much solely just to spout exposition and explain the plot, but he totally looks the part, and was surely a much better choice for the role than Charlie Cox, who is 36 years his junior and originally filmed the scenes before being replaced with Dance.
                                                             11/09/2000 ... 2013

1 commentaire:

  1. So snarky of the director to mention CD was at least the third choice for the role. Passive aggressive way of getting back at CD shutting him down with Alien questions?

    RépondreSupprimer