samedi 18 octobre 2014

The great fire...is on youtube

1st part
For Charles Dance, there was much pleasure to be had in playing a baddie. ‘Denton believes absolutely in what he’s doing. In his mind, it’s highly likely there’s a Catholic plot against the King and he’s determined it won’t succeed.’
Lord Denton is a fictional character although based on real people at the time. ‘He’s effectively head of security for Charles II, the modern equivalent, I suppose, of the boss of MI5, and there was a real need for him. Denton worked for Charles I before he’d had his head chopped off on the orders of Oliver Cromwell and he’s never lost his loyalty to the monarchy.’
http://www.lady.co.uk/people/features/4813-what-the-blazes

9 commentaires:

  1. I watched the first epi...it's ok I guess I haven't seen the 2nd one yet though I think it's great that Rose Leslie aka Ygritee, and Ben Crompton aka Dolorous Edd from GoT and Charles are in this. I guess GoT actors invading film and television is a good thing. It would be nice to watch the short films he made like The Clerk's Tale or The Mapmaker I think if those shorts were expanded more as independent films he'd have a more fulfilling career instead of just the villain over and over again I liked Patrick but again the villain of the story in that one. Then there's The Imitation Game and Dracula Untold, again antagonistic characters :( too bad he'll be stuck in these roles.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. He's so damn good in playing villain roles, that's why many asked him to play that kind of roles. If you see his latest interview in dracula untold premiere you can see he said he would do another role if he was asked to do it. He just liked working and people loved his villain so he did it.

      Supprimer
    2. I still want to see him do something new other than the villain, it makes him seem like that's the only thing he's good at though that's not going to stop me from watching he's movies. 'I just like working' I feel a lot of actors say this too because they don't have a say on what their next project is going to be or if they say NO, nobody is going to hire them anymore kind of like you have to stay in the spotlight if you don't want to burn-out.

      Supprimer
    3. I forgot to mention that he's going to be in pride prejudice and zombies and its a comedy so that's something to look forward to. :)

      Supprimer
    4. Does anyone know how and when we will be able to see the short film Retrospective (2014)? Looks like an interesting film. and not a villain :)

      Supprimer
    5. Yes it is indeed! I'll try and scrounge it here and there but I most likely wont find it til next year and that isn't even a gaurantee and I'll try to post it on youtube if I do.

      Supprimer
  2. Loved him as Floyd in 'Common Ground' a rare comedic part for him. But I would really like to see him direct another film. Ladies In Lavender was beautiful - he has a great visual eye - a holdover from his training days in graphic design perhaps?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. He's directing The Inn at The Edge of the World or was it Thursdays in The Park (he's also writing that one) I've read the book, very easy read. It's about a 60 year old woman who falls in love with a grandad she meets in the park.

      Supprimer